11 Feb Must Read Books for Digital Marketers
Must Read Books for Digital Marketers
Books are an easy way to pick up a new skill or learn something new. You can read the writing on your own time as opposed to the deadlines you’d have to meet if you enrolled in a course. There are many helpful articles on digital marketing online, but they are all scattered. When you invest in a book, you can access this information in a systemized and convenient manner. It doesn’t matter if you’re a rank beginner or a novice in the subject – these books on digital marketing are tailored to help a social media marketer irrespective of their experience level. So, which are some of the must-read titles on digital marketing? Let’s find out below.
- 3rd Edition of Eric Enge’s Art of SEO – Eric Enge’s book is a complete source of SEO and productivity.
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk – Gary Vaynerchuk is a four-time NY Times Bestselling Author. He was among the early investors in companies such as Uber, Tumblr, and Twitter. He is a digital marketing guru of sorts, having assisted multiple Fortune 500 companies to devise social media strategies. The book is an authority on how to go about social media marketing to elicit an emotional response from the audience and convert a follower into a repeat customer.
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable by Seth Godin – Often considered the Bible of Digital Marketing – the book teaches you how you can differentiate your brand from your peers by using specific marketing techniques.
- Youtility by Jay Baer – Youtility tries to make its reader understand that forming a long-term association with a client works more effectively for the company than hype marketing. He provides real-life examples to support his case further.
- Permission Marketing by Seth Godin – The second title by Seth Godin on our list, “Permission Marketing” helps marketers cement their promotional statement with the help of eager customers who have already used their product. There’s no explaining the benefit of this. Customers today trust the word of other customers over a brand’s message while making a purchase.
Digital Marketing is a growing area of expertise. There’s a good amount of literature on the subject by those experienced in the field. If you’ve decided to dabble into digital marketing yourself, you’d be wise to pick up one of the books listed above to break you into the discipline.